Sanusi Faces Suspension As Government Embarks On NFF Secretariat Audit
Senior officials have told www.insideglasshouse.com that embattled General Secretary Mohammed Sanusi will have to step aside when the Federal Government goes over the books of the NFF Secretariat.
A forensic audit is to soon be embarked upon by the Sports Ministry and as the Chief Executive of the NFF office, Sanusi will have to go on a mandatory suspension so as not to interfere with the financial investigations.
Sanusi severally refused to honour a meeting with Sports Minister Sunday Dare days leading up to last week’s NFF Elections in Benin City.
He told NFF staffers that he is not a Government employee as he was appointed by the NFF Executive Committee and after all, the Sports Minister will be out of office in May 2023, when the tenure of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration comes to an end.
Sanusi’s current contract, which pays him $10,000-a-month, will run be up by December 2023.