Sports Minister Sunday Dare Speaks On Pinnick Third Term Ambition
Sports Minister Sunday Dare has commented for the first time on speculations regarding NFF President Amaju Pinnick’s plan to seek a third term in office even after he had earlier declared he won’t be doing so.
“I am not against Pinnick’s ambition though he has never told me that he is contesting, but I have listened to an interview where he said he is not contesting, so on the basis of that I am saying the right thing should be done,” Sunday Dare told reporters today in Abuja.
“There has been so much crisis over the years and that necessitated President Buhari insisting that an election should be held in on or before September with major stakeholders being carried along to forestall any recurrence of what we had in the past.
“We have done our part as government institution, but now it is now left for NFF Congress to decide their fate.”
Last month, Dare conveyed President Buhari’s orders to Pinnick that NFF Elections be held in September as expected after the end of the present administration and that the NFF Elective Congress be expanded to accommodate more Stakeholders to avoid rancor going forward.
The NFF have not made an official statement as it concerns these Presidential directives, but a top official privately dismissed the orders as “an invitation to anarchy”.
Leave a Comment