I Won’t Go For Third Term ‘At The Moment’ Declares Pinnick
Embattled NFF President Amaju Pinnick has declared he will not be seeking a third term in office for the time being in keeping with the wishes of his family.
Pinnick’s terribly tarnished two terms as NFF President will end with fresh polls in September.
He has come under heavy fire to resign following the Super Eagles failure to qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
He has variously boasted he has the support of both the country’s Presidency as well as Sports Minister Sunday Dare to continue in office despite a rash of setbacks the national sport has suffered under his watch.
Pinnick has now said he will go along with his family that he does not seek re-election in September.
“Yes, I’m eligible to run by our (NFF) Statutes,” the FIFA Council and CAF Executive Committee member told Arise TV.
“Do I want to run at the moment?
“It’s a no, no at the moment because my family says so at the moment.
“They have seen I have put in my best. They have seen it has taken a toll on me and the family and they believe that it is time I moved on.
“It’s a very regrettable decision.”
Pinnick had previously sworn not to seek re-election soon after he bagged a second term in Katsina in 2018.