NFF Bosses Cash In On 2018 World Cup, Grab 760 Million Naira Besides FGN Billions
Nigeria football stakeholders and journalists were thrown out of their hotel rooms in Saint Petersburg in Russia amid claims by the NFF they were short of funds for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
But unknown to many of these stakeholders, the NFF received an advance of $2,000,000 from FIFA and an additional $500,000 from the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to prepare the Super Eagles for the World Cup.
The Federal Government of Nigeria also released 1.6 billion Naira, which sports minister Solomon Dalung has maintained has yet to be accounted for the NFF more than seven months after the Eagles crashed out of Russia 2018.
This money was to cover the Super Eagles right up to the quarterfinal and the team failed to go past the first round of the competition.
Amaju Pinnick deceived and received an additional 760 million Naira from top government officials, state governments and agencies.
The list of the donors for the 2018 World Cup Fund is as follows –
- Senate President Bukola Saraki 200 million Naira (100 million Naira converted to USD and ferried to Russia by Bako Abulkarim Sule, Deputy Director NFF Accounts Department)
- Lagos State Government 100 million Naira
- Rivers State Government 100 million Naira
- Delta State Government 100 million Naira
- Akwa Ibom State Government 80 million Naira
- NNPC 50 million Naira
- NDDC 40 million Naira
- Plateau State Government 30 million Naira
- Central Bank of Nigeria 20 million Naira
- Abia State Government 20 million Naira
- Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) 20 million Naira
These monies were channeled to Mediterranean Sports Limited even though they were not officially appointed by the NFF as a marketing agent.